|Architect:||The S/L/A/M Collaborative|
|Scope of Services:||
Renovation / Addition
Founded in 1877 by a group of prominent Hartford women, including novelist Harriet Beecher Stowe and president of Colt Firearms Elizabeth Colt, the Hartford Art School is now comprised of nearly 400 art students and renowned faculty from around the world.
Working with a fixed budget, CES was able to provide MEP engineering design improvements to the existing late 60’s facility, allowing for expansion of the University’s growing fine arts program. Featured spaces include media arts, a photography and print making studios, as well as both color and black & white dark rooms.