|Scope of Services:||
CES provided complete MEP engineering design services for the renovation and expansion of the Dwight Branch of the Hartford Public Library. The Dwight Branch is the oldest of the branches, established in 1907 when it was opened in the South School District Building. It was established at the request of the public and named in honor of Henry C. Dwight who was chairman of the district committee and instrumental in leading the effort.
The project provided new and expanded features to enhance service to library patrons with: computer workstations, computer reservation station, printing/copying station, an expanded children’s area for after-school homework activities, additional reading area and seating for adults, improved lighting and shading controls for visibility of computer screens, improved ventilation and an outdoor performance area for warm weather programs.
This project won an AIA CT design award.