|Scope of Services:||
In 1900, Miss Mary Eliza Scranton offered the Madison Library Association the use of a new, completely furnished, library building which she had built on the corner of Wall Street adjoining her family’s old home. The offer was accepted, books moved in, and in 1901 the Association dissolved and the E.C. Scranton Memorial Library was incorporated. Today the Scranton Memorial Library’s physical collection has grown to 116,000 items and serves a population of approximately 18,000.
CES provided design for the mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection systems for the addition and renovation to this historic library. The existing Scranton Library is approximately 24,000 sf and the proposed addition, 9,000 sf. Expansion of the library includes an addition and renovations to the 1965 and 1989 wings, historic restoration to the original building, and improving landscape, parking, and access for the entire complex.